The Sioux City Explorers minor league baseball team is seeking summer interns who understand baseball operations to help with the Explorers’ 22nd season.
The Explorers are looking for interns to work on:
• Promotions/Community Relations/Special Events
• Radio Broadcasting/Media Relations
The team also is searching for a third intern to work in the box office.
Candidates must be willing to work long hours for the entire summer – up to 80 hours per week, according to an Explorers’ press release. A small stipend is provided, but housing is not.
– Must be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university, or recently graduated.
– Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent follow-through and have an understanding of appropriate business etiquette.
– Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude.
– Must be able to work nights and weekends and able to commit to the entire Explorers home game schedule (May – August).
– Strong verbal and written communications skills, well-organized and strong computer knowledge.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Assistant General Manager Ashley Schoenrock at firstname.lastname@example.org